Part Time Casual Direct Support Professional
LOCATION: DULUTH, MN
Job Summary: The Direct Support Professional will provide direct care and supervision of the clients of TBI Residential & Community Services. They will assist and support the clients in working towards achieving short and long-term goals and learning how to be more independent at home and in the community. The job sites will be determined on a week-by-week basis and a schedule will be provided by the department supervisor. A minimum of 15 hours per pay period is required for the position. Gain experience for future careers in human services, social services, social work, nursing, alcohol and drug counseling, criminal justice, mental health rehabilitation, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Care for clients and their day to day needs
• Perform light housekeeping duties
• Meal preparation and cleanup
• Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with clients and coworkers
• Attend all team meetings
• Maintain a safe environment for the clients, and staff
• Administer medication and properly document medication usage
• Accurately document and chart on daily progress
• Accompany clients on outings in the community
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Possess good communication skills
• Must be dependable, mature, and able to use sound judgement to quickly assess and appropriately respond in a variety of situations.
• Must pass a criminal background check as specified by licensing agencies.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that meets company driving standards.
Job Type: Part-time
Current openings: Days, evenings & weekends, and overnights
Starting Wage: $13 per hour
To be considered for the position, interested applicants must apply online at www.tbiduluthmn.com/careers or fill out a paper application. Paper applications can be picked up at 2016 W Superior St, Duluth, MN, 55806.
**TBI Residential & Community Services is an EOE/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.