Direct Support Professional - Awake Overnight
LOCATION: DULUTH, MN
Company Description: TBI Residential & Community Services provides person-centered support services to adults with varying physical and emotional needs in a residential setting.
Direct Support Professional Job Description: The Direct Support Professional will provide direct care and supervision of the clients of TBI Residential & Community Services. They will assist and support the clients in working towards achieving short and long-term goals and learning how to be more independent at home and in the community. Gain experience for future careers in human services, social services, social work, nursing, alcohol and drug counseling, criminal justice, mental health rehabilitation, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Care for clients and their day to day needs
· Perform light housekeeping duties
· Meal preparation and cleanup
· Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with clients and coworkers
· Attend all team meetings
· Maintain a safe environment for the clients, and staff
· Administer medication and properly document medication usage
· Accurately document and chart on daily progress
· Accompany clients on outings in the community
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Possess good communication skills
· Must be dependable, mature, and able to use sound judgement to quickly assess and appropriately respond in a variety of situations.
· Must pass a criminal background check as specified by licensing agencies.
· Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that meets company driving standards.
· Flexible schedules
· Medical and Dental insurance (Dental for full-time employees only, 100% employer paid)
· 401k with safe harbor employer match
· PTO for full-time employees
· Career advancement opportunities
· Comprehensive paid training
Starting Wage: $11.00 per hour
**TBI Residential & Community Services is an EOE/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.